Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Graphs and Spelling Classroom Activities

We were busy before Thanksgiving learning about graphs in math.   We used information, or data, to complete graphs.  We learned about picture graphs and bar graphs. 


Each week when we are working on our spelling words we do different activities.  Two of the students' favorite activities are sorting the word cards in the pocket chart and playing "Beat the Teacher".  The word cards are passed out to the students.  They read their word to their partner and decide where it will go in the pocket chart.  For "Beat the Teacher" I sort the words in the pocket chart and they time how long it takes me to sort them.  Then I time the students and see if anyone can beat my time.  They are really good at this game and love beating me.



No comments:

Post a Comment