Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Getting the classroom ready - Day 1

When the calendar is turned to August it is time to begin to get the classroom ready.  On Monday, I went back to school to begin work in my room.  When I walked in everything was packed up for the summer. The floors had been waxed and desks were back in the room.   It was time to unpack the cubbies and begin to put things where they belong.  The problem with this is that my room becomes a big mess before it gets better.

These pictures show the class when I first walked in. Paper is covering the cubbies, a lot of things are stashed in the boxes and tubs on top of the cubbies and the big cabinets.  Computers are covered up to keep out dust.  The bulletin board is even covered. The paper comes off and the fun begins.  I started to take things out of the cubbies and also get things down from the cabinets.  After several hours work, I had a big mess on my hands.  I left school Monday afternoon very tired.
I had taken out a lot of things.  Books were piled on top of desks.  My table was very messy.  But I knew it would get better--it just takes several days.  







The pictures below show the room at the end of day one.  I'll keep you updated on the progress of the room.





No comments:

Post a Comment