Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Getting the classroom ready--Day 2

I took a day off on Tuesday to do a program at my parent's church.  So I came back Wednesday and got to work.  In the past my classroom library books were sorted by genre (realistic fiction, holidays, biographies, fiction, etc.).  This year I am sorting my books by their DRA level.  I feel this will make it a lot easier for students to be able to find books that are appropriate for them.  However, I spent a while on the computer looking up the books and finding out what level they were.  I also kept unpacking as well.  Wednesday's photos show books stacked up on desks by their level.  The cubbies are also beginning to be empty. I also put up my number line over the student computers and my Word Study pocket chart by the smartboard. Now I just have to find a place for everything to go!




No comments:

Post a Comment